Collection activity – the search for and collection of various Judaica items in the museum collections;
- Acquires, studies and systematizes exhibits with a museum as well as historical and artistic worth, develops museum collections reflecting the history, culture and art of the Jews of Lithuania;
- Ensures inventory of museum assets, appropriate environmental conditions and security, conservation and restoration;
- Collects information about exhibits demonstrating the history and culture of Lithuanian Jews at other museums, institutions and private collections in Lithuania
Exhibition activity – organization of permanent and mobile exhibitions;
- Creates conditions for public use of museum assets conserved by the museum: arranges permanent, temporary, mobile and virtual exhibitions, organizes shows and other events (commemorations, concerts, meetings, presentations and etc.) at the museum, in Lithuania and abroad.
- Prepares and presents exhibits on the museum webpage, virtual exhibits;
Research activity – research on Lithuanian Jewish history, culture and destruction at archives;
- Researches and systematizes information of all kinds on the history and culture of the Jews of Lithuania and the Holocaust.
- Works with and shares information with other academic and cultural institutions.
Publication activity – publication of periodicals, monographs, reading materials and collections of documents;
- Drafts, publishes and distributes publications and digital information about activities related to the museum, publishes results of research
- Distributes information via website
Educational activity – educational projects with Lithuanian schools, local museums and cultural institutions in other countries;
- Prepares and conducts educational programs for primary school students in conjunction with educational institutions.
- Aids employees of other museums working with analogous exhibits, organizes and carries out programs to improve their qualifications.
- Arranges special excursions and other sorts of educational programs.
- Provides information, advice to Litvaks from abroad researching their family roots.
Performs other functions as defined in the corresponding legal acts.
|Modified: 11/8/2016 |
If you want to order a guided tour or educational programme please contact us in advance:
tel. +370 60163612,
If you want to order an educational programme, please contact us at: +370 5 212 0112,
+370 6 8986 191 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Naugarduko St. 10/2)
Tuesday, Wednesday: 10:00-18:00
(Pamėnkalnio St. 12)
Memorial Museum of Paneriai
(Agrastų St. 15, Aukštieji Paneriai)
From October until May the Memorial Museum is open by appointment only.
If you are interested in visiting the museum/the memorial with a tour guide, please contact us at least a day in advance at
+370 699 90 384 or via email email@example.com